At Coil, our goal is to bring users to the Web Monetization
ecosystem so creators can make money off of their content. Coil is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Product Engineering Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is as excited about Web Monetization as we are.
- Thrives working in a startup environment - things move fast and change quite a bit.
- Wants to be part of a small and creative team.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will
- Design and implement Coil's frontend, primarily on coil.com.
- Work closely with our design team to implement pixel perfection.
- Lead projects to improve the frontend.
- Own the implementation of design, style guide, and brand guidelines throughout products.
- Perform code reviews.
- Mentor and assist team members.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of professional working experience.
- Track record of building and maintaining performant websites using React.
- Detailed knowledge of React and interest in Typescript.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage tasks, projects, and issues.
- Experience with GraphQL and Typescript.
- Background in building payout infrastructure or content platforms.
Coil was founded in 2018 by Stefan Thomas, former CTO of Ripple, to build a better business model for the web. Coil’s platform is designed to make it easy for creators to monetize their content across the internet. As subscribing fans enjoy content, Coil uses an open API called Web Monetization to stream micropayments to creators in real time. The platform supports creators, including writers and journalists, video creators, podcasters, streamers, musicians, photographers, and artists. For more information about Coil, please visit coil.com
and follow Coil on its creator page
and on Twitter (@Coil
All full-time positions include
- Platinum health coverage with no premiums for employees and 75% of premiums paid for dependents
- Dental and Vision insurance with no premiums for employees
- 401(k) with matching
- Stock option plan
- Gym / Fitness Studio benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Vacation
About our Office
- Welcoming, inclusive environment that is balanced for work, life, and family
- Kitchen fully stocked with fresh and healthy snacks and beverages
Applications close on July 17th at 5pm PST.