Senior Frontend Engineer
At TodayTix, we’re on a mission to find a seat for everyone. We believe that when theatres are full, creators, communities and audiences thrive.
Launched in 2013, our international ticketing platform connects global audiences in 15 cities to the $50 billion live entertainment business. We work with thousands of venues to provide the best-priced tickets available in the biggest cities around the world, including New York City, London, Toronto, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, Chicago, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. Through effortless access to the best shows, insightful guidance to the world of theater, and thoughtful service at each moment along the way, we enable people to discover the best that their city has to offer.
We have quickly grown to a team of more than 250 full-time employees in five offices across four cities across the world. We’re seeking highly motivated team members to join us in building the premier technology company in the arts industry and disrupting an old supply chain model, creating greater access to theater, and expanding the theater-going audience.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
Our technology team is driven, opinionated, and committed to customer experience. We believe that writing code can be as expressive a form of communication as art itself.
We are greatly expanding our engineering team and seek engineers with a strong commitment to stability, quality, and getting things right. This is not a “go-to-your-cubicle” workplace but rather an environment with active cross-team communication and collaborative problem solving.
We are actively working on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds, educational experiences, abilities/disabilities, etc. We are supportive of accommodations needed to interview and do your job to the best of your ability!
We are looking for software engineers to join our world-class team of technologists. You will collaborate with the team on expanding our offering on our public websites, our native apps, platforms and services as well as continuous integration tooling that makes us happy and efficient.
- Love crafting beautiful and performant consumer facing experiences
- Can build responsive and mobile-optimized websites
- You are familiar with web standards (HTTP, JSON, XML, etc) and version management with Git
- Care deeply about user experience and design aesthetics
- Care about frontend performance and site speed for users
- Write simple, comprehensible, and maintainable code
- Be an excellent collaborator who enjoys working with other engineers and solving problems as a team
- Interested or thrive in a start-up environment and are looking to grow personally and wear new hats as we scale.
- You have experience working in environments that use infrastructure as code
- You have knowledge of Node.js, Java, Python, Groovy or Go
- Experience of working with serverless architectures
- Experience of working in a PaaS environment
- Writing automated front-end tests, unit, snapshot or types of test automation
We believe in using the right tool for the job, rather than adhering to any given platform. Our production systems currently use Node, Python, Java/Groovy and React/Redux/Nextjs. We use AWS Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Datadog and AWS as backing services but with your insights any of that may change if there’s a good enough business reason.
Good to know
TodayTix takes care of our team. We’re proud to offer a generous suite of benefits. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Competitive salary
- A plethora of office snacks (healthy and otherwise)
- Generous pension match
- Once-a-week company lunches
- Professional development budget (allocated through HR and managers)
- Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary tickets to shows and events
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Open to full or part-time remote work (by agreement)
TodayTix is committed to creating a diverse and equal workforce. Our aim is to create an inclusive and diverse environment which reflects the world we live in, as well as making a positive impact regarding diversity and accessibility within our industry. We highly encourage applications from all, irrespective of age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.