Apply for this job
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too. Building the possibilities. We’re growing quickly and are searching for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Dublin office. At DraftKings, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Develop mobile apps as part of a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group every day.
- Utilize a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles to build scalable applications that consume server-side APIs to deliver smooth mobile apps.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and we’re looking for a team that can pivot at a moment's notice.
- Collaborate with team members in cross-functional roles.
What skills you will use:
- 3+ years of development experience in object oriented programming, using languages such as C#, Java, Swift, or Objective-C.
- Successfully shipped at least one mobile app to market and supported it.
- Practical experience working with Xamarin.Forms, React Native, or another cross-platform mobile framework is preferred.
- Ability to grow and collaborate with other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Review UI wireframes and mockups for feasibility and effort estimation.
- Familiarity with Android SDKs is a plus.