Hippo Education is on a mission to change the way doctors learn and take care of patients. We create best-in-class medical education products that keep clinicians at their best. We are financially strong and continue to grow with new products and a team that has grown to more than 50 people today. We’re a fun-loving and quick-to-laugh group that works very hard. Some of us work at the main office / studio in Los Angeles, while most of us work remotely. Hippo’s a fantastic place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the impact we have on clinicians and their patients.
As a Full Stack React Developer, you'll be instrumental in creating our next generation products and modernizing our existing codebase using React, Postgres, and SOA-style services. In your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact within our small team, and plenty of room to grow, helping to shape our team and mentor future developers. Collaboration, discipline, and a passion for solving hard problems will be key to your success in this role.
- Development of full stack web applications using open-source frameworks
- Expert level React / React Native skills
- Strong RDMS database skills
- Proficient with GitHub collaboration
- Experience with testing and building tools (Npm, Bower, Mocha, Chai)
- An impressive portfolio of projects utilizing the above skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starting, highly-motivated
- A massive sense of humor, optimism, and an ability to roll with changes
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Bonus points for experience with:
- MEAN stack
- Sequelize ORM & jsonapi
- Hybrid app development
- LAMP stack
- DevOps (nginx, amazon cloud)
- Full time with remote / telecommute option
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary, 401(k), and health / vision / dental benefits
Send us your resume as well as links to relevant examples of recent work (your GitHub or equivalent profile would be a great way to start). We'll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit.