Senior Front End Engineer - Venture (React, ES6)
Our vision is to build a unified Commercial Digital Platform capability (data, people, processes, technology), which will enable us to enable a step change in commercial performance, transform customer experiences, and play a pioneering role in redefining our industry over the long term.
Our aim is to deliver the most engaging experiences for our customers, underpinned by digital technologies and new agile ways of working.
As part of this work, in partnership with BCG Digital Ventures (part of the Boston Consulting Group), Rio Tinto has built a MVP for a predictive shipping analytics platform using the latest Machine Learning and AI technologies. They are now looking for smart people to join the team and propel the next phase of the product’s development, and support the broader digitalisation transformation across Rio Tinto’s commercial function.
We're working with a modern tech stack - ES6, React and Redux, with a Python back end deployed on AWS, and are looking for experienced engineers to join us, working on the design and development of the new product under the direction of the Venture CTO.
What you'll do:
- Collaborating with a team of engineers across the venture team to ensure we deliver an empowering user experience
- Communicating ideas across the cross-functional team in an effective manner
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas through design reviews, pair programming, code reviews and discussions
- Utilising a proactive and responsive approach to problem solving
- Implementing highly scalable and maintainable frontend services, and working with business specialists and visual designers to design optimal solutions
- Working with ES6, React (boilerplate), Redux
What you'll bring:
- Sustained experience in professional software development using ES6 and React
- An appreciation for design, with a focus on building elegant applications that are pleasing to the eye
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- A preference for working with cross-disciplinary teams to introduce and enhance behaviour and test-driven approaches, resulting in clean, elegant code and application architectures
- Experience of working with team members to encourage the writing of clean, elegant code using test-first approaches
- A background working in teams using Agile approaches
- ES6, React, Node, AWS, Serverless