Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
At Breedr we are excited about the future of the global meat and livestock industry and its ability to provide food and a source of vital nutrients to the growing population.
At the heart of the meat and livestock supply chain are farmers; who to us are environmentalists, entrepreneurs, mechanics, inventors, traders, marketers, fathers and mothers. They are passionate about the produce and animals they care for and the importance of agriculture in rural communities around the world.
Breedr believes that bringing these amazing minds together with the technology to foster collaboration and the smarter use of data throughout the supply chain, we can benefit the entire industry and help meet the challenges of the future.
We are technical but also lovers of the outdoors. We want to work with the best people who share the passion for farming, technology and people.
- Help customers through constant innovation
- Let your work speak for itself
- Honesty and transparency, a problem is just an opportunity to find a solution
- It is about the journey, lets enjoy it
Based in the new Cambridge office we are now looking for a Lead Front-end developer with ReactJS, if you are interested please contact us, pack your wellies and help feed the world.
As a core part of the Breedr business you will become the lead for the web development in the UK, working directly with the customer and leadership team to drive the direction of the web platform, utilising technologies at the fore front of software development. As the lead Front-End Developer you will work with both mobile and web to help bring the data and trading platform to life. We’re looking for an experienced, mid-level developer and someone who loves startups!
Please read on to find out more.
What You’ll be Doing
- You will be ensuring the success of the front end Breedr development, working building team and working with off shore developers.
- You will be using your technical skill and your startup knowledge to scale the product and increase the user experience for farmers
- You’ll be agile, and will use lean processes, working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate Front-End solutions
- You will be ensuring delivery detail and correct development practices and front end architecture for the application.
- Excellent knowledge of ReactJS, JSX and Redux including higher order components and Flow
- Excellent knowledge of responsive layouts, grid systems and design systems.
- Excellent knowledge of translating interaction and visual designs into production quality front-end experiences
- Excellent knowledge of cross-browser compatibility.
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5
- Excellent knowledge of CSS & SCSS
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo client
- Experience with build tools (We use Webpack)
- Experience with testing tools (We use Jest)
- Experience with Typescript
… Bonus Points For
- Experience with templating languages (We use Django’s templating language)
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Native Mobile development for iOS and Android
- Experience with Data visualisation with React or React Native.
- Experience with REST
- Good understanding of website performance optimization techniques
- An eye for design and typography
- Experience with persistent state management systems (Redux Persist)
- Experience with CSS architecture patterns
- Experience with CSS frameworks
- Experience with code quality tooling (We run ESLint, Prettier on every build)
- Axa PPP Healthcare