We are looking for an ambitioned Frontend Developer (m/f/d) with a strong focus on usability to join our team. You will work in a interdisciplinary team developing sophisticated web applications around the analytical database Exasol. In the first big project you get the chance to completely rebuild our graphical database administration interface based on state-of-the-art technologies. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues and experts like web developers and designers from our marketing team, software developers and the operations engineers (the actual users of the administration frontend). The simplicity of the Exasol database is one of the main reasons why our users love our product, and in this role you will take over responsibility to establish and improve this simplicity in our existing and emerging web frontends.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to moderate the whole iterative and incremental process of designing, implementing, reviewing and improving complex web applications like our database administration frontend.
- Apply a user experience design process, including the creation of wireframes, mockups and methods of your choice, always aiming for the ideal user experience and simplicity.
- Create web applications serving a wide range of purposes like data visualization (e.g. database status and monitoring trends), simplifying recurring tasks with wizards or configuration screens for advanced users.
- You can expect to have direct access to the actual users (operations team in case of database administration frontend) and fast feedback cycles.
Requirements / Who are you?
- You have demonstrated that you are able to create sophisticated websites or web applications that simplify users’ lives, with a modern look and feel and excellent user experience (please provide examples from your past).
- Extensive know how and interest in UX and simplicity of user interfaces.
- Familiar with a user experience design process.
- Very good knowledge of React, AngularJS, Ember.js or similar frameworks, and able to create complex web applications from scratch using these frameworks.
- Experience with development of responsive websites or web applications, and knowledge of related CSS frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- You have very good knowledge of either German or English
Not essential but great if you got it
- Experience with developing complex web applications in a comparable area.
- Experience with systems comparable to our Exasol database, like databases or distributed systems.
What about Exasol’s R&D team?
I am André, heading the R&D team, which creates the Exasol database. We are an international and diverse team with enthusiasts for parallel processing, algorithms, C++, Linux, software engineering, and many more areas. We have the chance to work on an outstanding product in an sustainable and agile way. One thing I love is how positively and closely we work with our customers, who are leaders in what they do and push us continuously. Every contribution in our team makes a difference, simplifying the lives of our users and making them - and us - successful. If you think you are one of the best, we look forward to your detailed application. Please tell us why you want to join Exasol and why you would be a great fit for our company. Please add your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date.