We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany!
Your responsibilities will be:
- Deliver high quality web applications from crafting and iterating new features into production in short sprint cycles
- Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex software modules and services
- Collaborate multi-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
- Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack and infrastructure
- Craft, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
- Mentoring colleagues and share expertise across teams
- Understand and take ownership the system performance and health
- React and fix operational events (bugs and incidents)
- Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practice
- Experience working with modern client-side frameworks
- Experience with any component-based frontend framework (ideally React)
- Experience in maintenance of complex code bases and driving down technical debt
- Experience with cross-browser development and knowledge of browser compatibility
- Knowledge in testing on different levels: unit, integration, contract and E2E
- Deep understanding of lean and agile practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with back-end technology such as Ruby-Rails or Node.JS
- Experience using cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (ideally AWS DynamoDB)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tool (ideally Terraform)
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems - at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog for a fuller picture of #lifeatbabbel!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) (151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Martin Forry (email@example.com) for more information.