American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative organisation has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
As part of the American Express Technology team you will have the opportunity to work on world-class Card Member experiences on multiple channels.
Our teams are always thinking of their customers and every piece of work you will looking to improve the experience of our customers, by creating a better journey as well as adding new features
Our teams work in Scrum teams, with Agile Methodology to produce the best products they can, always with the customer in mind.
You will be involved in regular sprint sessions to discuss ideas and formulate your next addition. You will own the whole development of each part of the product and you will see your ideas bought to life.
The job is for you if you:
- Are a creative software developer who enjoys learning as much as you enjoy coding
- Bring energy, imagination and drive to solve problems. You should like taking measured risks within a supporting team and leadership, and actively share the learning that comes from taking them (whether they work out or not)
- Have a proven track record in complex defect resolution, originating new technology solutions and working closely with business partners and project managers
- Love working collaboratively and can apply your technical ability to a demanding business environment
What’s in it for you?
- You get to be hands on, owning software delivery end to end within high profile applications
- You will work collaboratively with the business and other technical team members
- You’ll design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, modify, deploy and document software and systems and see the impact on customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications
- More than anything we want you to have experience with design and coding in ReactJS and Redux, ideally in a commercial environment or as part of a substantial academic experience
- Fluency in HTML 5.0, CSS and a core understanding of modern browser behavior is a must
- An acquaintance with Java and RDBMS (especially Postgres) will speed debugging through some of the back end implementations; in addition a solid understanding of elastic cloud technologies will help with getting your work into production quickly.
You should be ready to deliver software within an agile framework and methodology. The emphasis is on self-starting and a lean focus on the business goal.