## **About Messly**
Messly is the online home for all UK doctors - an online platform providing doctors with unified training resources and data, professional networking and recruitment services, across the whole of the NHS. We believe that the digital infrastructure supporting the training and recruitment of NHS doctors isn’t fit for purpose and we're fixing it.
## What We Do
By bringing all the doctors to one place, we provide the NHS with world-class digital infrastructure to directly engage with the medical workforce for temporary and permanent work, skipping the agencies and enabling game-changing financial savings.
We’re already delivering - over the last 18 months we’ve built a medical network of over 16,000 doctors and medical students. That’s 15% of the junior medical workforce. We’ve got 6 NHS Trusts using our recruitment services and are generating revenue. Our business model is proven and scalable and we have clear roadmap of how we’re going to win over the hearts and minds of doctors.
## **Who We Are**
We strongly believe a solid team is critical for success. So we’ve gone out and built a professional team of clinicians, developers, designers, commercial experts and marketeers. Our founders are former clinicians and close-friends with significant medical and commercial experience.
Supporting us are an advisory board made up of some of the most well-connected entrepreneurs and healthcare experts, who are helping to embed Messly within the healthcare ecosystem. We’ve been backed by all leading healthcare innovation hubs including DigitalHealth.London, NHS Clinical Entrepreneurs Programme and InnovateUK.
There's more on us on our [website](https://messly.co.uk/about.html).
## **What we're looking for in a candidate**
We welcome applicants at all levels of their software career. However some commercial experience working in an agile environment is essential.
You'll have a passion for web technology and standards, with a strong emphasis on code quality. You'll care about the overall health of the product, and be pro-active about sharing ideas, reviewing other's code, being available for your colleagues and showing empathy towards them.
You'll have good working knowledge of relevant industry standard tools for development and collaboration. You'll relish an environment that advocates a strong agile culture and continuous delivery. You'll welcome the chance to practice test-driven development and write extensible, re-usable and readable code.
We're looking for someone intelligent, ambitious, who likes a challenge and looking to move into a very rapidly growing startup order to fast-track your career. You're frustrated by slow-moving, process-heavy situations and excited by moving fast to solve challenging problems and delight customers.
We value diversity and we especially welcome women, ethnic minority, parents and older candidates to apply. Please feel able to apply even if you're not 100% in line with our requirements- you may find that you are a better fit than you realise.
Finally - if you have medical experience as a professional, or in health tech, you'll be right at home with us!
## **Essential requirements:**
- Previous commercial experience working in an agile web development team.
- Good working knowledge of CSS and HTML and web standards.
- Portfolio of existing work to discuss.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Good working knowledge of version control with Git
- Experience working with React
- Experience working with Redux
- UX/UI experience - including responsive/mobile design.
- Test-driven development - we use Jest and Cucumber, but any experience you can bring is advantageous
- Exposure to other programming languages, e.g. Ruby, Python, C, Swift, Java etc
## Additional Full-stack requirements:
- Experience working with AWS
- Exposure to dev-ops tooling e.g. Docker, Webpack
- Excellent SQL knowledge, preferably with Postgres administration
- Excellent NodeJS knowledge, preferably with Express.js
- Salary based on experience and scope of the role you can accomplish, £35K - £55K
- Flexible working - work from home occasionally when you need to (and agreed in advance). We're remote-friendly and have the culture in place to collaborate fully when you're not in the office.
- Large screen for coding and other IT set up costs
- Personal development budget
- 25 days annual leave
- Workplace pension