At the Medici Living Group, we develop innovative and tech-enabled rental housing in our role as the largest co-living solutions provider in Europe. Our Group revolutionises 21st century housing and dynamically adapts our units to the latest global trends. As one of the world's leading PropTech companies, we promote both digitalisation and customer service in the real estate sector, creating additional value for both landlords and tenants.Our team in Berlin is seeking a highly-motivated individual who is capable of supporting our team in an exciting startup environment. Your work will directly influence the evolution of our company as we expand across the globe. We have a clean and modern tech stack built on Java, Spring Boot (Spring Technology), RabbitMQ, React/Redux running on GCP using Kubernetes and Docker using practices such as Microservice architecture, DevOps responsibility in the teams and a high level of automation.
- 2+ years project experience with agile mindset and minimum of 1 year project experience in a real Scrum setup
- Understanding of the W3C guidelines
- Experience in building responsive websites
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, and best practices in cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc
- Strong knowledge of writing clean and sustainable code, ensuring the extensibility, supportability, performance, and scalability of our product in order to create standards, that will help us scale faster and more efficiently
- You are part of the digital product development team and ensure the planning, development and optimization of new software products based on our digital platforms
- You design, develop, test and document new solutions to meet agreed business specifications for the Member Experience and System & Processes
- You collaborate closely with architects, product owners and other stakeholders to enable modern application development (enable continuous integration & deployment and DevOps)
- You design interfaces for high-availability-systems and conduct development activities within a multi-disciplined team for all stages of development lifecycles (planning, estimation and execution)
- You actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to proof-of-concepts to evaluate new technologies, frameworks and architectures to drive innovative ideas
- You are a mentor for younger developers and ensure knowledge transfer in programming clean and qualitative high-end code
- You add value through innovation by leveraging current trends in software design, frameworks and RESTful web services. Your team is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the scalability, performance and user-centricity of our software.
What we offer:
- An impactful position; you will be responsible for delivering products & features end-to-end in a cross-functional team from day one
- A cutting-edge technology stack developed using best practices such as Microservice architecture, DevOps, CI/CD automation and cloud containerization and micro frontend
- An international and fast-paced working environment based on our core values: ownership & accountability, eagerness & curiosity, as well as entrepreneurship
- A very transparent information policy with flat hierarchies that value the individual
Additional Information: Start Date: as soon as possible Location: Berlin - Kreuzberg Your Application: Join our exciting startup community! Please send us your compelling CV and attach a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the Medici Living family. We are looking forward to hear from you soon!