Have ever think about joining a company which is constantly growing and where the sights remain set on the future ?
Let's start by explaining to you what we accomplished in 2018….
?We moved to an award-winning new £20m HQ in Farringdon,
?We completed an ambitious 9-petabyte cloud migration to Amazon Web Services setting the stage for further innovation and growth,
?We opened new ‘tech hubs’ in Paris and in Manchester,
?We acquired the Dutch market leader in online cards & gifts, : Greetz,
?We re-platformed Photobox to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers and internal business users in order to drive significant business growth
What is the Role?
We have reached our ambition goal to re-platform Photobox and we need you to be part of a cross functional team to work on improving and optimising the new Photobox Platform.
You will also have demonstrated the ability to put together delightful user experiences. You will be in a great environment to solve challenging technical problems and refine your skills as an engineer, learning from and passing knowledge to like-minded and talented colleagues.
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring code quality by participating in code reviews, following existing coding standards and always thinking of possible improvements or simplifications we could make.
- Ensuring that all code is tested to the appropriate standards to allow us to continuously deploy.
- Taking end-to-end ownership over your tasks, from ticket refinement to delivery in production and aftercare.
- Working in a cross functional delivery team utilising software development practices, such as; collaborative code ownership, unit testing, GIT workflow, and continuous deployment.
What experience do I definitely need?
- You are passionate about your work and working in rapidly expanding company.
- You are so social that you can take ownership of tasks and work closely with other developers.
- You have a real passion for tackling challenging problems
- You know how to make your code clean, testable and reusable
- You were in the last React London Meetup talking about “State management with Redux”
What tech experience would put me well on my way toward being an ideal candidate?
- Experience in backend development using: NodeJS (ES2015+ Services), Koa, Lodash, NoSQL Databases
- Experience with test platforms and tools: Jest, Enzyme
- Experience fetching data from a service endpoint
- Experience working with Git and GitHub
- Experience coaching junior members and playing a senior role
What tech experience would earn me a plus?
- Experience with Node JS task-runners and tooling: WebPack, Yarn, NPM, Babel
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with DynamoDB
- Experience creating JS microservices in Node JS environment
- Experience working on high-volume sites