Who we are...
AllTheRooms is the largest accommodation search engine on the Internet. We combine sites like Expedia, Airbnb, and Couchsurfing to provide a comprehensive search for our users.
Customers visit our site, conduct a customizable search and receive a list of every single room available. Whether a hammock in the caribbean, a flat in NYC, or a 5-star hotel in Hong Kong, we’ve got it. Customers book with ease, knowing that they have found the perfect home-away-from-home.
To date, we have aggregated over 18 million accommodations - 65% of the global market - and we will continue to grow.
What we are looking for...
Our ambitious goal of aggregating every room on the planet provides many interesting challenges. You will be responsible for developing new features and maintaining existing ones while writing code that is well thought-out, efficient and maintainable. You will be a self-motivated, adaptable and conscientious team player with a keen eye for detail and care deeply about user experience and code quality. And of course must be able to collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
- A deep interest in software development and web technologies
- Good understanding of source control tools, such as Git
- Able to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to discussions
- Ability to work in a start-up environment and enjoy wearing many hats
- Enjoy hacking on things and unafraid to make mistakes
Bonus points for...
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST APIs and websockets
- Experience crawling and scraping website data
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A love of travel!