EarnUp’s mission is get the hundreds of millions of Americans out of debt. The EarnUp platform aggregates, tracks, and automates all of a consumer’s loan payments on a single platform, helping them get out of debt faster and save money.
As the Front End software engineer, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering across a range of front-end projects developing a next-generation platform for consumer finance management. You’ll report directly to the Director of Engineering and help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
What does the Front End Engineer do?
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3-5 years experience in software/web development/engineering
- Can empathize with the many different types of users who use EarnUp’s UIs
- High proficiency and technical leadership with front-end frameworks such as React/Redux, Angular, Ember, or similar
- Deep experience with backend technologies such as Node.js, Flask, or similar
- Have DevOps experience with AWS or similar cloud provider
- Can think through customer requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems
- Care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
- Have a high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Are comfortable working in a large frontend codebase with many stakeholders
- Care about the details
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
Why you’ll love working at EarnUp
- Fast-paced start-up community with great growth opportunities
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Passionate, diverse, and supportive team member
- Strong company culture with weekly lunches and off-site team outings
- Office located in the heart of San Francisco
- Great compensation and benefits package!