We are a legal technology startup currently housed within one of the world’s most prestigious law firms. We develop technology that reinvents the way lawyers work, increasing their operational efficiency by automating and structuring legal tasks. We provide beautiful user interfaces to lawyers and their clients to give them great insight into the status of their legal transactions. The work is technologically exciting, challenging and frequently changing.
We make use of an innovative and exciting technology stack. It includes a microservice based back end architecture which is hosted on AWS and managed using Kubernetes. We are starting to integrate machine learning microservices into the software. The front end uses React JS and Redux for state management. The two communicate over a GraphQl API.
You would be working closely with the company’s founder, a machine learning developer and members of the company’s remote software team. The work would include developing front end interfaces for the platform as a single page application. Your components would load data using our GraphQL API from the back end, which will include new machine learning components.
• A passion for your work and for working in rapidly expanding company.
• The ability to take ownership of tasks and work closely with other developers.
• Logical and creative thinking to solve difficult technical problems.
• Strong React JS and Redux skills.
• The ability to build single page applications.
• Ability to use the Git version control system.
• Understanding of writing secure code.
Additional beneficial experience includes
• An ability to communicate technical ideas well, including over video conferences.
• A passion for writing clear, maintainable and standards compliant code.
Location and term
The role would be located within Fuse, a technology space within Allen & Overy, a top tier firm. We may at some point move offices to another London based location. We are initially looking for someone for an 18 month contract, which we expect to extend into a permanent role.