GALE is a business agency that helps brands solve complex challenges through our integrated consultancy and agency offering. Headquartered in New York with offices in Toronto and Bangalore, our teams are connected by a set of core values that inform everything we do, from how we hire to how we work together: values like Everyone Matters, No Silos, and Masters of Our Craft.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
As a Sr Front End Developer you are both technical and creative. You are the glue that holds the design and the technology together by bringing to life the killer creative and experiences that we design.
You have experience working with one or more of these modern frameworks and libraries like VueJS, ReactJS and Angular you know the landscape changes in lightning speed so you constantly keep yourself up-to-date experimenting with new frameworks.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of asynchronous code, call backs, and promises
- Familiarity with the MVC pattern
- Some Knowledge of web standards, SEO and accessibility
- Asset if you have experience integrating front-end code with backend services (web services, RESTful services, JSON, XML, web sockets)
- Knowledge of responsive design methodologies
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors like LESS or SASS is an asset
- Ability to articulate and explain details around web development basics like browser security issues, iframe to iframe communication, https requests, CORS
What you will be doing:
- Design and develop front-end and mobile applications using React.js and React Native
- Develop front-end code that adheres to architectural guidelines (secure, high-performing, scalable, extensible, flexible, simple)
- Understand business requirements and turn them into technical designs
- Understand style guides and turn them into front-end code- Understand information architecture and visual designs and turn them into front end code
- Understand backend interfaces and develop front-end code that integrates with those interfaces- Execute in a test driven development environment, writing unit tests and building code to pass unit tests
- Execute in an agile environment using industry standard tools and delivering weekly code releases- Understand cross browser, cross platform development issues and solutions
- Estimate for design and development effort