What you’ll be doing
Envato is split into four major groups, Customer, Content, DIY and Platform. This exciting new role is within the Sites Team in our DIY Group. After spending the past year re-building the Envato Sites platform to be more flexible for our customers, we’re ready to kick off our growth plans. We have ambitious plans to grow our customer base by a factor of ten with a focus on improving customer acquisition, conversion, and retention. You’ll be working as a senior front end developer, exploring technical challenges, shipping features, and providing guidance to the team while building robust, extendable React applications.
What we’re looking for
- Strong familiarity with the front end open source ecosystem, and the ability to make appropriate platform choices for the task at hand
- Experience developing maintainable and scalable code in a team of multiple front end and back end developers
- A willingness to explore and collaborate outside the front end area of expertise is also expected.
- Experience with React, Redux and related libraries
- Experience architecting the front end code for a modern web application in a maintainable fashion
- Experience working with design systems and component libraries/living style guides
- Experience working with designers to build smooth interactions and robust, responsive user interfaces on the web
- Experience optimising front end performance
- Experience supporting a wide range of browsers and devices
- Understanding of accessibility requirements for rich web applications
- Familiar with version control systems and comfortable using Git
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Please speak to your manager before applying for this role then submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!