Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company.
Who we are Seeking:
What you’ll bring:
- Bring your software and frontend architectural experience to collaborate with a close knit engineering team that is largely green-fielding next-generation social good platforms.
- Help architect, design, and implement responsive, reusable ui components
- Interface with stakeholders and partners to transform ideas into technical and architectural requirements
- Mentor, learn and collaborate with other engineers and leads
- Collaborate with product to build a world class, socially engaging platform that delights our users and raises money for charities that impact the world
- Contribute to our engineering culture - we have lots of fun because we are a group who takes our work seriously, but not ourselves
Skill and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Ability to address / debug cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Experience in using CI/CD tool sets (e.g. Jenkins, Github Actions, etc).
- Experience designing and building products or major features from concept to launch
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, & virtual).
- Solid coding practices including writing technical specifications, tests, and peer code review
- Experience with unit testing (e.g. jest, react-testing-library)
- Experience with end-to-end testing (e.g. cypress, selenium)
- Strong drive, self-motivated, logical, and detail-oriented.
- Passion for new technologies, software & processes.
- E-commerce Experience
- Experience with Micro Frontends (single-spa, federated modules, etc)
- Experience with content management system api integration (i.e. contentful, etc)
- Experience with content performance optimization
- Experience in TDD
- Experience with building modern accessible (a11y) web applications
- The desire and ability to learn quickly
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate and obsessed about creating intuitive, scalable products
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (marketing, subject matter experts, etc).
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Highly-responsive with demonstrated sense of urgency
- Positive attitude
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality
- Patience and tolerance for when things just go wrong
- You are committed to quality as a top priority — you pay attention to detail and take pride in it.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and are able to be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
What’s Different About Us:
- Big Impact - You will a part of the Omaze team mission of people dedicated to making a difference by raising money for charities all over the world
- Growth - We are in a growth phase and you will be influential in scaling our engineering organization and helping build the next great thing
- Unique Culture - We live by our values. We have a mission unlike any other company and have the opportunity to be the best at what we do. We have already raised over $130 million for charities.
- Glassdoor CEO rating is 100% and 84% “Recommend to a Friend”
- Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2020, #1 in the Social Good Category
- We love having fun!