The Front-end Engineer will work as part of a collaborative engineering team and will be responsible for the development and optimization of our product and tech stack for MVI. Our team is driven by the opportunity to leverage cutting-edge gaming and VR technologies to drive innovation in the world of rehabilitation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a React-based Web client for a medical device application.
- Manage data storage through a GraphQL- and Node.js-based backend.
- Collaborate with Gameplay Engineers to design, document and implement API calls to and from a virtual reality game running in parallel.
- Take designs from concept to implementation in shipped products, working with teammates from a wide range of disciplines.
- Help to diagnose, fix, and learn from service issues in production.
- Actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the roadmap for MVI across various programs and platforms.
- Solicit and apply customer feedback to improving the product.
- Comply with quality system regulations, standards and procedures.
- Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years' experience as a Web engineer (Full Stack or Frontend) with proven success in development and deployment of backend / frontend platforms in a SaaS environment
- Additional qualifications:
- Experience taking designs from concept to implementation in shipped products.
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter and comfortable to work autonomously or collaboratively with cross-functional teams, with agile development approach
- Highly developed teamwork skills with experience working in cross-collaborative teams
- Demonstrated success in owning projects end-to-end, including working with non-technical
- Bonus Experience:
- GraphQL and Hasura
- Cloud, preferably Azure
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Working in a Medical Device or Biotech organization
- Game development, virtual reality, or Unreal Engine
- Stakeholders to set priorities, define requirements, and seek feedback
General office environment. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.