Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy by providing the tools and support their need to easily understand and manage their finances. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we are unwavering in our commitment to support our hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world, and in our commitment to grow and develop our people. We are on a mission to change the lives of entrepreneurs across the globe.
About The Team:
Our mobile team builds both mobile platform and product at Wave. Our mobile platform allows all Wave engineers to build for our customers’ devices, and our apps empower small business owners to do their best work wherever and whenever they need to.
About Mobile at Wave:
We build on a combination of native iOS and Android, as well as React Native. This means that we welcome anyone with iOS, Android, or React Native (or other!) mobile development experience, and we expect that you’ll be comfortable learning how to build for more than one platform when you get here. We use continuous integration to run test suites on every commit. We cultivate a culture of shared ownership by doing code reviews for every pull request, and learning opportunities such as mentorship programs and bi-weekly workshops.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- Develop the technical strategy that will shape how Wave builds and maintains its suite of mobile products.
- Lead a small, agile, integrated product team that’s focused on continual improvement of their skills and helping each other learn new things.
- Empower other engineering teams to work with the Mobile platform through tools and training.
- Work with product, design and other technical teams to execute on long-term vision for how our mobile offering fits into the overall customer experience.
- Write clear, concise, elegant, and well-tested code in Swift/Objective-C
- Work with Android, React-Native, and web code bases to ensure interoperability and feature parity.
- Build something that will make the lives of real people easier.
You'll thrive here if you:
- Are more interested in building compelling mobile products and platforms than working in a specific language or technology stack.
- Have managed releases to the App Store and/or Play store.
- Have an opinion on how Wave should leverage mobile devices for our customers.
- Are interested in leading technical projects from inception to delivery.
- Are borderline obsessive about testing and quality of workmanship.
- Are curious and excited about technology as a force for good.
- A strong written and oral communicator.
You'll get to work with this incredible team:
- Talent Acquisition: Helenja has been embedded within the Toronto tech start-up scene for a number of years now, working on both the recruitment and HR management side of things. Her mission is to foster and discover diverse talent while elevating the candidate journey along the way. Her adaptability and relentless enthusiasm has allowed her to work and scale many teams with ease. Although we describe her as calm and efficient, she has asked to be described as the boardgame master.
- Check out every single member of Wave's team here.
Our commitment to you:
- We acknowledge you. We will review and respond to every application, whether you are selected for an interview or not - and we guarantee there’s a human on this side too.
- We are here for you. We will coach and support you through your recruitment process to help you prepare for every step of the way as best as we can - your success is our success.
- We respect your time. We will do our best to review applications quickly, run multiple team interviews within the same day, and follow up timely so that you’re not waiting long on us.
- We help you grow. We will gladly provide feedback if you ask us, because whether you join our team or not, we want this to be a super positive and valuable experience for you.
- We listen to you. We will also welcome your feedback, and we will take your suggestions to heart, so that we continuously provide the absolute best candidate experience we can.
At Wave, we have an unwavering commitment to growing our people personally and professionally, and we make a serious investment in each employee’s health and wellness. Through skills training, mentorship, leadership programs, monthly mindshares, and education allowances, we foster continuous learning and development. Our extensive health benefits plan combined with flex health funds, employee assistance plan, wellness classes, and extensive time off allow our employees to stay healthy and care for themselves and their families while doing their best work.
We are different from other companies in many ways, first and foremost by our culture. We are not perfect by any means. We can all get better and as a company we strive with uncompromising integrity to be better every day. But we have an unwavering belief that a diverse and inclusive culture is a priority for a winning team. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and respect the broad spectrum of skills and abilities of every Waver. We challenge ourselves and each other from a place of respect and pursuit for growth. We trust each other and give each other permission to speak our minds. Everyone has a voice and opinions are respected.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating
. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s Great Places to Work in various categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women for years. Our people are incredibly talented and the key to our success, so we admire and respect each and every one greatly.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!