Roundtrip is devoted to creating a world in which transportation is no longer a barrier to wellbeing.
Location: Richmond, VA or Remote
Job Status: Full time (flexible for the right candidate)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
We are looking for a software engineer that is passionate about improving the health of our communities through transportation. As a leader on the team, you’ll be asked to carry the torch for taking requirements and turning them into design, architecture, and elegant code.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working as a Senior Software Engineer, have worked with React and has a deep understanding of agile methodology as well as software development. The candidate knows that great communication is key and demonstrates it when working in a distributed team environment (previous experience working with offshore developers is a huge plus).
This position sits on one of our product teams, can be remote but should be willing to travel at least once a quarter to meet with the team based out of our Richmond office and reports to our Director of Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
· Own the front-end strategy of Roundtrip’s existing and future product offerings
· Establish a new development paradigm across the Engineering team by creating an internal style guide for new feature development and teach out best practices
· Lead and mentor team members on best practices and coding principles
· Interpret problems and business requirements to design and architect elegant solutions
· Document, architect, develop and test software with a commitment to excellence, including clear, commented code
· Collaborate with remote vendors to promote understanding of our product suite and ensure high-quality code
· Ensure high performance of our application through systems analysis and improvement recommendations
· Be a good steward of our agile environment and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Onboard and mentor new and existing members of the team and guide them to success
Who You Are:
· Someone who has at least 3 years of experience in a Senior Software Engineering Role (previous healthcare experience a plus)
· You have completed a degree in computer science and/or a software-related field
· You have proven track record as a technical leader with strong development skills
· Someone who is experienced in all areas of SDLC, including architecture and design, development, and testing
· You have worked with React, Redux and understand API driven development principles
· An Expert Object-Oriented Design and programming skills
What We Offer:
• Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family
• 401K with matching program beginning day 1
• Unlimited PTO with a 10 day minimum
• Company-paid lifestyle benefits you hand select twice a year (i.e. Uber, Hulu, ClassPass)
• An annual allowance for professional development and growth
• VTO: Spend a day making a difference volunteering for the cause of your choice
• Fun work environment and an unmatched team!
Roundtrip is the leading digital transportation marketplace for better health outcomes. We provide a simple, comprehensive patient ride ordering software that makes available a community of ride providers who complete the transport. The company is leading the industry in reducing patient no-shows through improved ride management.
Being a part of the Roundtrip team doesn’t just mean showing up to work. You’ll need to embody these core values as a part of what you bring to Roundtrip every day.
• Stay Resilient
• Take Ownership
• Be Proactive
• Keep it Simple
• Listen First
Roundtrip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected class.