Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The final step to buying a home is called the closing ceremony. This is one of the more painful parts of the buying process. Historically this involves a large number of emails or phone calls between the buyer and title company, meeting a notary in person on your closing day, and reviewing and signing a large amount of documents with the notary. Our job is to reduce the friction in the closing ceremony. This involves supporting on-line scheduling, guiding a borrower through the closing documents before the day of signing, and allowing the borrower to interact with a notary remotely. All of these features involve building new workflows, working with vendors to provide features such as remote notarization, and working with our lenders to integrate their existing systems into Blend Close.
How you'll contribute:
- Build one of the first online closing solutions
- Build tooling and support for tracking and triage
- Design systems with resilience and quality top of mind
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build new features or revamp existing features.
Who you are:
- Proactively think about potential failure scenarios and how to handle them properly
- Experience integrating with video conferencing applications
- Experience integrating with e-signature applications
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massage
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.