We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
Ditto seeks a talented Front End Engineer to improve and expand our browser SDKs and web applications. You will be responsible for the design, development, and distribution of our browser SDK software. The ideal candidate is experienced in web architecture and has an interest in user interface design. You will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. You will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining the scope for new projects. You will own components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members. This role can be 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Develop highly innovative consumer-facing browser SDK’s and web applications
- Contribute to, develop and maintain code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Work with Engineering Managers, and Product Owners to prioritize work within an agile development methodology
- Translate requirements into designs and well-engineered code backed by automated tests
- Leverage your knowledge of web-based tools and infrastructure to improve our core technology
- Prototype new features and applications
- Integrate and port server-side computer vision functionalities within the web environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs
- Proven history of written communication
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other engineers
- Familiar with automation testing, build, and continuous integration
- Comfortable with converting Photoshop/Sketch/Illustrator designs into live applications
- Experience with getUserMedia camera access preferred
- Knowledge of OpenGL/WebGL preferred
Ditto Technologies is a venture-backed technology company based in the Bay Area with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We value citizenship where each teammate is committed to doing their part for the greater good while showing care and respect for each other. We love passionate people with a zest for life and a positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, a 401K, and a flexible work from home policy. We care a lot about doing the little things well and also offer endless snacks, Philz coffee, and fun monthly team events ranging from trips to Napa, hiking Angel Island, an afternoon at MOMA to arcade game competitions. We have an amazing office space right at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland.