Who We Are
rideOS is a globally-distributed technology company that is building a software platform to accelerate the safe, global roll-out of next-gen transport. Our team consists of highly accomplished and experienced folks whose achievements include co-inventing the iPhone, powering Tesla's Autopilot maps, and helping to start Uber’s mapping and self driving vehicle divisions. We are Series-B funded, backed by Sequoia Capital and Next47.
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about developing web applications for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with backend engineers and design and build advanced web applications. Examples of the projects that you’ll work on include tools to manage fleets of vehicles and visualizations for seeing fleets in action.
What we are looking for
- Proficiency in React, Redux and related web technologies
- Strong knowledge in core web fundamentals (HTML, CSS)
- Experience architecting large single-page applications
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or willing to commute to San Francisco
- Knowledge and experience in web accessibility
- Experience with tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM
- Experience with web profiling and performance tools
- Experience with map visualization tools (e.g. React-Map-GL, Deck.gl, Mapbox GL JS)
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.