At Instructure, we are building the world’s best ecosystem for teaching and learning. Millions of students and teachers use our products around the world, and we’re always finding ways to innovate and improve their experience.
We are hiring world class software engineers to solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships — and using a modern stack that includes Node.js, React, Babel, Webpack, and PostCSS, we are changing the way that teachers teach and students learn.
If that sounds interesting, we should talk.
What you will do:
- Develop engaging React components that are easy for engineers to implement and natural for our customers to use
- Lead our internal teams’ understanding of accessibility and internationalization
- Write testable code that is predictable and performant
- Educate engineers and our customers about front-end standards and best practices
- Work with our UI/UX team to delight users with innovative experiences
What we look for:
- Experience developing front-end intensive applications or client-side libraries, preferably with React
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages or language paradigms
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging and architecture
- Strong communication skills