is a boutique engineering consultancy and open source software organization, specializing in React
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skill set by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This is a full-time position in the Atlanta area, where you'll join another of our engineers already working there. In light of COVID-19, this will be a work-from-home role initially. Our goal is to follow in the steps of our other locations—like Denver and Phoenix—by first hiring remote
engineers and then having a physical office. (Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.)
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- An understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, and modern best practices
- The ability to communicate the benefits of technical solutions to non-technical project stakeholders effectively
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in React
- React and the surrounding open source ecosystem
- Semantic HTML
- Git, especially with teams
- Front-end build tooling (Webpack, Babel, NPM/Yarn)
- Front-end testing libraries and methods (Jest/Enzyme/react-testing-library)
- Web accessibility/a11y
- Mentorship experience
- Familiarity with Node frameworks like Express
- Familiarity with persistence layers like MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Experience writing GraphQL resolvers and queries
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Employees
- 5 weeks of PTO annually
- Unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- Flexible work schedules
- A Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
Simple and Fair Salaries
- We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
- In Atlanta, you'll be paid the same as our engineers at our Denver and Phoenix locations, as well as all of our remote engineers across the US.
- This role, Experienced Engineer, encompasses multiple different levels: Software Engineer II, Software Engineer III, and Software Engineer IV. The annual salaries for these levels is $88,000 to $125,000.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.