Just Insurance is a revolutionary tech start-up, looking to disrupt the US auto insurance industry. Our vision is to dramatically improve road safety, while also making car insurance more fair and affordable to millions of people.
At the core of our ground-breaking product is our app, which is super simple to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms.
With our vision, industry-leading product and investment, we are looking to grow our exceptional team.
We have an incredible software engineering team and our app is built in React
Native. We are looking for another very talented and hungry React Native
developer, who can go toe-to-toe with the best and can help us get to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Your primary responsibility is the development of our React Native mobile app
- Contribute to the architecture, future direction and sustainability of Just's mobile strategy
- Work collaboratively with the design and other members of the software engineering team
What we're looking for:
- You have experience building cross platform React Native mobile apps
- You are highly proficient with React
- Experience using TypeScript
- You care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems
- You are great at explaining complicated technical concepts clearly
- Have an understanding of the principles of computer science
- You’re highly detail oriented
- You’re used to rapid iteration using Agile and Lean Start-up methodologies
- Have the ability to work in a highly organised and efficient manner
Highly regarded but not a prerequisite:
- Experience contributing to OSS
- Telematics experience
- Usage-based motor insurance (Cuvva, By Miles, etc) or retail banking start-up (e.g. Monzo, Starling, etc) experience
From a personal point of view, we're looking for someone who is innovative, collaborative and has passion for what they do. You'll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from day one.
What we can offer you
You'll be working with the best React Native developers. For example, Raul Gomez https://github.com/rgommezz
the author of popular React Native libraries, react-native-offline and react-native-scroll-bottom-sheet. You'll be working on difficult and interesting projects, and have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company, and the wider industry. Make no mistake, we are the A-team. We're looking for other members who can cut it.
The wider team is equally talented, focused and energised. We follow agile principles and across the software engineering team, design team and stakeholders, we work closely and collaboratively. Everyone is heard, everyone takes responsibility, everyone contributes.
We are now a completely remote
working unit in the UK with most of us situated in and around London. We start at 10:00 to align with our Los Angeles, US office a little better. We believe in work-life balance, and as such, you'll get your birthday and the days between Christmas and new years off, in addition to your 25 days holiday allowance. Your remuneration is made up of salary, pension and a generous share options package. You do the work, you share the rewards.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, in an exciting company that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are exceptional, passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.