Act as an ambassador for iOS development best practice, helping to both build a client’s own mobile capability and also up-skill other developers.
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Mobile Lead, at AND Digital you’ll act as a hands on, lead software engineer working across a Club’s portfolio of clients, on-site and in multi-skilled agile delivery teams. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Use your expert tech knowledge to influence the direction of projects whilst coaching and upskilling a team through implementing engineering best practices such as code reviews and pair programming.
- Be hands on with development teams, understand what good code looks like and constantly keep the bigger picture in mind in order to lead on architectural decisions.
- Engage with your Club’s developer community to help up-skill others and provide feedback that will help improve the Club’s software engineering capability as a whole.
- Lead on making decisions on which mobile technology to use for any given project, using your all-round mobile expertise to ensure that a client’s app is built using the most appropriate technology for their requirements, skill-set and capacity.
- Provide technical input to client work proposals and be prepared to present this to client stakeholders.
- Assist in managing the delivery of one or more mobile projects.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- An expert-level knowledge of either native iOS or Android development, with a working knowledge in the other.
- An expert understanding of the app release process for both iOS and Android.
- A high-level knowledge of the most popular cross-platform mobile solutions (such as React Native or Flutter) and the advantages and disadvantages that each offer.
- Extensive experience working in Agile development teams and practicing common software development processes such as TDD, BDD and Pair Programming.
- Solution architecture experience working with other development teams and Tech Leads to ensure that any back-end dependencies are fit for use in mobile apps.
- Experience creating and maintaining mobile CI pipelines, using tools such as Jenkins, Fastlane or Bitrise.
- Proficiency in Git.
- Experience leading a team of developers from the inception of the team to the delivery of a product.
- Experience managing the delivery and release of an app across one or more teams.
It’s helpful if you also have:
- A working knowledge of any cross-platform mobile solutions, such as React Native or Flutter.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and well-being really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.