Groove is a leading growth platform for small businesses. We empower thousands of customers around the world to build better customer experiences and grow their companies with a suite of self-help, customer support, and reporting tools.
We are hiring our first dedicated mobile developer to join our team, so we are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant React Native mobile apps for both iOS and Android. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications from scratch and then maintaining them. You will work closely with our product team, and have a strong voice in the development of the product to build out a quality user experience.
React Native is a new and evolving technology at Groove. Help us shape the way Groove uses this technology and join us as we make customer support better for everyone.
- Architect and develop high-performing React Native applications for both iOS and Android
- Support the entire application lifecycle (implementation, testing, release, support)
- Conduct thorough code reviews to ensure high-quality, performant code
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
- Distill product requirements into technical recommendations
- Work independently with limited guidance or oversight
- You are an experienced professional software developer with 2+ years of experience with React Native
- You have experience deploying applications through its entire lifecycle to the App Store and Play Store (e.g. store policies, publishing, and provisioning) and are able to automate this through CI/CD pipelines
- You are proficient with Git and the GitHub flow
- You have experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- You have experience working with TypeScript and Apollo
- You are able to write clean, concise code
- You have keen attention to detail when working with designs and product specs, and have experience working with design systems and building highly reusable UI components
- You are fluent in English, and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with native mobile development (Objective-C/Swift or Java/Kotlin)
- Experience with cross-platform code sharing across front-end and mobile (i.e. React.js to React Native)
- Any open source or public (side) project
- A strong Slack emoji game
- Work from anywhere
- Enjoy unlimited vacation days (with a two-week minimum)
- Join a multicultural team of 20 odd-ball employees spread out over 7 countries
Note: we review applications on Tuesdays, so please be aware you will only receive updates on your application after the review has taken place.