Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In six short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
The Festicket Family is currently at 140, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes and San Francisco.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds.
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company & #80 in the Financial Times Fastest Growing 1000 EU Companies.
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world.
We are looking for a front end developer who possess a keen eye for detail and a passion for collaboration and getting features into production. Someone who wants to learn whilst delivering quality.
You would be working as a frontend developer within one of our product focussed teams, working closely with other frontend developers, backend developers, QA engineers and the team’s product manager to deliver changes and new functionality. You would be involved in planning new work and helping the product manager decide what the team should be working on to achieve the team’s goals.
You would also be working on frontend technical tasks to improve our frontend architecture, improve the performance and usability of the site, make use of new technologies, reduce complexity, write and maintain a growing collection of open source libraries and make development easier.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
We're an open-source first company who understands the value of working publicly on Github. Our teams are collaborative, product focussed, cross-functional organisations that are empowered to define their own work and organise themselves. We work incrementally and dedicate 20% of our time to refactoring, updating our stack and libraries or experimenting with new technologies. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintainable applications using whichever tools are right for the job. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable multiple production releases per day, so that we’re always making progress.
- Ideally 3+ years experience in a commercial web development environment
- Some experience of the Open Source Community or a desire to get involved with it.
- Interest or experience in working with frontend frameworks, we use React
- Familiar with CSS including preprocessing (SASS, LESS or Stylus) and/or CSS in JS solutions
- Familiar with modern web development workflows (Babel, Flow, Webpack)
- A clear desire to work on open source projects.
- A passion for learning and personal development.
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience.
We’re a team of 160 globally, with our head quarters in the heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Festicket United
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free www.wagestream.co.uk account, offering great employee financial wellness
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture