GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $9 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our small but growing engineering team in our amazing GoFundMe Charity team based in our downtown Los Angeles office. We are searching for a passionate talented experienced front-end software engineer who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, amazing personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
What you’ll be doing day to day...
- Team with Product Designers to implement their designs for web feature additions/improvements and integrate with the rest of the stack.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to come up with and implement rigorous growth testing on existing features to optimize product on the stack.
- Create single-page apps and/or standalone modules within existing frameworks.
- Work in assigned teams with other developers, QA engineers.
- Coordinate with backend engineers to ensure the frontend and backend of the application work together smoothly.
- Develop and maintain code documentation.
- Participate in developers code reviews.
- Refactor legacy code.
What you bring to the role…
- 5+ years of front-end and/or full-stack software development experience.
- Strong abilities to identify and troubleshoot bugs.
- Knowledge of Responsive development using HTML, CSS, SCSS.
- Experience with TDD workflow and unit testing.
- Experience with frontend build tools like Webpack, Gulp, Yarn, NPM.
- PHP experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or relevant professional work experience.
- Experience with ORM and raw SQL queries using MySQL is a plus but not required.
- Works well with others and a sense of humor.
- Ping pong skills and a love for boba tea
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives at a global scale.
- Our people consistently vote GoFundMe a Great Place to Work®.
- You can nominate your favorite GoFundMes to receive a donation from the company.
- Great perks like lunch, snacks, wellness, company/team activities, and full benefits.
- The company is strong and growing with incredible opportunities ahead.
- We're a fun, close team of people who care about their work and impact.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.