is a boutique engineering consultancy and open source software organization, specializing in React
.js, React Native, GraphQL, Node.js
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skill set by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This role is a Formidable full-time position in Toronto, Canada. It will be a remote
work-from-home role to start. The intent is to repeat our Denver and Phoenix successes in Toronto by building a team and setting up a centrally located permanent office. The position is open to residents of Toronto, ON. Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.
In light of COVID-19, Formidable will continue to recommend that all employees continue to work remotely whenever possible. Currently, Formidable has no plans to require anyone to be physically present in a Formidable or client office.
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, and modern best practices
- The ability to communicate the benefits of technical solutions to non-technical project stakeholders effectively
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in React
- Deep knowledge of React and the surrounding open source ecosystem
- Semantic HTML
- Version control for code collaboration on teams
- Front-end build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn)
- Front-end testing libraries and methods (Jest/Enzyme/react-testing-library)
- Web accessibility/a11y
- Mentorship experience
- Experience leading teams
- Familiarity with Node.js frameworks like Express
- Familiarity with Persistence layers like MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Experience writing GraphQL resolvers and queries
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Toronto Employees
- 3 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in Canada. We are not offering Canadian working visa sponsorship at this time.
Come As You Are The best ideas are born from a workplace that’s inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are born. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.