We’re a small, startup dev team with a passion for the Church and making great things.We work hard, have fun, and are always improving.Because we’re all remote and a small shop, you must be self-motivated, able to manage your day-to-day schedule, and a very good communicator.You’ll have your hands in everything front end - prototyping, managing state, designing out components, testing your code, stylesheets, build & launch processes.
If you have a passion to help the Church, and if you enjoy dreaming up smart ways to solve problems and then watching your code come to life to make a real difference in the world, keep reading.
Our front end is not in React… yet. But we’re on our way there! We’re looking for a React expert to lead the charge.
- Creating new features within Flocknote that are easy & fun to use.
- Managing the technical aspects of Flocknote’s front end.Including increasing client-side performance and accessibility.
- Helping out the rest of the front-end team as we move over to React.
- Working with our back-end team so they can get the right data piped to the front.
- Migrating existing features over to React.
- Tackling front-end bugs post-push.
- Integrating new features into a non-react front-end codebase.So experience integrating React with legacy code and understanding of using portals will be a big help here.
- At least two years experience using React and a great understanding of its inner-workings and quirks.
- To understand Node, Webpack, and Babel (beyond just using create-react-app).
- Experience and comfort developing functional components and hooks.We won’t be using class-based components at all.
- Some taste!We don’t pixel-perfect mock things up, so we’ll be relying on some of your great ideas to make things easy to use.
- To be a self-starter and a go-getter with extraordinary integrity.
- To be flexible, honest, professional, easy to get along with, and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal skills.
- React Native experience… we’re heading down that path too!
This is a full-time remote position with salary and benefits.
To apply, send your resume and answers to these questions:
- Very briefly tell us about you. (Not your skill set, but what makes you tick.)
- What is your favorite junk food and why?
- Please describe the nerdiest thing you’ve ever done.