MakeSpace is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to help us scale our products and lead our Growth team. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Growth technology team. You’ll be working a team of engineers and will help us scale our product capabilities and business in cities across North America. You will work directly with our Web Manager and Director of Product to build structures and processes.
You can expect to:
- Build performant and maintainable React-based user interfaces for current and future customers.
- Tech lead architectural projects like designing our on-site SEO strategy or implementing server-side rendering.
- Work on growth and acquisition—the pre-conversion parts of the funnel. You'll collaborate with our product, design, and marketing teams to figure out how we can use the web to answer users' questions, tell them about MakeSpace, and get them to sign up.
- Write, test, document, and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations and user experience.
- Experience using React and Redux or other modern front-end frameworks to build component-based user interfaces
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience, with some full-stack experience and some tech lead experience
- Thoughtful about UI/UX and skilled at communicating those thoughts in a positive, collaborative way
- Thorough HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with Python (especially Django), MySQL, Docker, or Ansible is a plus
- A passion for collaboration, and a desire to learn, teach, and grow beyond the current edges of your skills
- Aspirations to use technology to positively transform the physical world
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching after 1 year
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with large outdoor spaces for lunch, work, and play
Our company culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. While our culture was built by sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry, we expect you to contribute to our culture to make it even better—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.