Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
As a member of the Architecture Group, you’ll be working in a friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share your knowledge and love to be part of the building process to reach the top and using the latest technology stack while having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
- Create an unique and optimized web experience;
- Help expanding our component libraries;
- Ensure that teams are enabled to create consistent applications whether in design or implementation no matter the scale of the application or organization they’re working on;
- Take our tooling into new heights;
- Bridge the gap between design and development;
- Implementing new concepts and ideas.
What you'll do
- Work as a Front End Engineer and help developing our current ecosystem of Front End solutions;
- Work collaboratively with the Architecture team to ensure Front End Engineers are working towards the standards and guidelines we set ourselves as a company;
- Engage with other engineers in order to ensure a correct implementation of our Front End architecture;
- Up skill engineering in complex topics thus acting as a reference for engineering best practices within the team;
- Provide strategies and tools to ensure high quality standards;
- Help the architecture team disseminate consistency and Front End best practices to all the engineering teams;
- Help developing a scalable and sustainable system through all our web products;
- Contribute to the update and progression of our documentation and guidelines.
Who you are
- Experienced in component based architectures
- Proficient in React design patterns
- Experienced in unit testing
- Experienced using bundler tools
- Knowledgeable of semantic markup and accessibility
- Knowledgeable in CSS best practices and methodologies
- Proficient with NPM and Node
- Experienced using GIT and Agile methodologies
Qualities we value:
- Passion for solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge
- Solution driven mindset
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively