Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 42,500 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 6.6 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay.
In the U.S., more than 4 million customers use Afterpay and the service is offered by more than 9,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers across the country including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Bans and many others. Afterpay’s U.S. headquarters are located at the heart of the retail and business district in San Francisco, California.
Afterpay is looking for Software Engineers to work on our mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated expertise in mobile app development, is a clear communicator across cross functional teams and is passionate about building consumer mobile applications. This is an exciting opportunity to build our mobile apps and make a direct, tangible impact on our product to help with Afterpay’s growth and success.
- Build, test, and deploy features on our iOS & Android mobile applications
- Measure and optimize the performance of the iOS & Android mobile applications
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences
- Bachelors or Masters in CS, or relevant experience
- 2+ years of professional iOS, Android or React-Native development experience
- Exceptional written and verbal technical communication skills
- Experience with leveraging 3rd party tools and services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, performance monitoring, etc
- Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
- Deep understanding of RESTful API and application design
- Understanding of backend development is a bonus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (100% covered!)
- Mobile reimbursement and travel/commuter benefits
- Beautiful/trendy office space in downtown San Francisco
- Fun company events & collaborative team
- Supportive, laid-back environment
How to Apply
If you’re excited by the opportunity to work in a fast growth organization, where there’s plenty of opportunities to pitch in on projects and learn new skills, please click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.