Prodigy Education connects students, parents, teachers and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account and try the most effective and engaging K-8 math platform in the world. Our business model helps us connect with youth around the world, with over 50 million students now voluntarily practicing math every single day — and enjoying it!
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Development teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! As a Senior Full Stack Developer on the Growth team, we would be looking to you to design/develop software, run experiments, and add features, with a heavy focus on increasing our customer reach. You'll help bridge important communication gaps to enable us to ship faster, and better, so that we can give all children access to fun math education.
- Make architectural decisions that will help us scale our product for the next 30+ million students
- Build new interfaces for teachers and parents to enable them to help their kids learn
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Marketing, Product, UX & Design, Development, and QA
- Provide input on technical design and product features
- And much more...
Who You Are:
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for user experience and performance
- Experience in a growth-focussed role with proven success
- Experience designing high availability systems
- Experience with AB Testing
- Experience writing API endpoints and working with databases (PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB, etc.)
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, Dynamo DB, Redis, AWS
- Frontend: React, Backbone (legacy), ES6, SASS & BEM
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, This is to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Here are our core office hours (core office hours of 10:30am - 3:00pm)
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.