Goldbelly empowers the top food makers around the country to sell their specialty dishes (think deep dish pizza from Chicago, iconic Texas BBQ, etc) to food-lovers nationwide. Consumers know we are the marketplace of the best food you can get in the US. Merchants can use our platform to manage sales, fulfillment, reporting and easily create a new revenue stream. We never have to touch the inventory, which allows us to scale rapidly without inventory risk. It's a win-win. We're solving an incredibly complex problem around perishable shipping from n endpoints.
Our team is growing fast since our early beginnings in Y Combinator. It includes previously successful entrepreneurs, top class engineers, and people that have been responsible for large exits at the likes of Delivery, Shopify & Napster. We've been able to do a lot with a lean team of 53 and we expect everyone that comes on board to do the same. We believe in product ownership.
- React (TypeScript)
- Ruby on Rails
- Haml, Sass, CSS Modules
What you should bring to the table
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming.
- You love the fast-paced nature of a startup and want to join a company that is at the intersection of food, technology and commerce.
- Demonstrated web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization experience. Familiar with web performance best practices.
- 5+ years of experience building consumer-facing experiences
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
Nice to haves
- You have experience working on consumer features in e-commerce or B2B tools
- You have experience contributing to open source software
- You have working knowledge of Ruby on Rails