What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. In order to keep it that way, we are constantly improving our apps and adding exciting new features - and this is where your experience in developing sophisticated software comes in. In addition to the classic challenges of frontend development such as UX design, we are particularly interested in your knowledge of software design, the latest web technologies, and the design of reliable and efficient algorithms and data structures. You will be part of a highly motivated team that values top quality and efficient code. Important design decisions are made by the whole team in open discussions.
- Design and develop complex web applications and components including their architecture
- Test your work and make sure it is of high quality
- Work directly with the backend developers and be actively involved in defining API interfaces
What we offer
- A product used by more than 100 million worldwide
- Interesting problems applying the latest research results in our development
- Code review, pair programming, and a focus on high quality
- An extremely good team with a lot of trust and short decision making processes; English speaking team
- A comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or a suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- A solid understanding of algorithms
- A degree in computer science or comparable, alternatively several years of professional experience in software/web development, but in any case you have successfully built software projects and shown a lot of initiative in doing so
- You enjoy solving difficult problems and learning new things
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is advantageous
We are looking forward to your application!