This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on June 20, 2020.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You'll Do
Managing Software Engineers are technical experts who work closely supporting both teams and clients through all aspects of the software development cycle, including research, planning, development, and operations. You'll draw on your technical background to ensure solutions are developed according to Ad Hoc’s values and help build the capabilities of engineering teams. You’re experienced with leading teams, and are comfortable with addressing ambiguity in systems and processes.
You will be working closely with the Department of Veterans Affairs to help develop and iterate on a new flagship mobile application. This will include rapid prototyping for iterative user testing, in addition to the deployment of native applications as functionality and features are verified with experimentation. You will be responsible for establishing new processes, build pipelines, code quality control mechanisms, and working with other vendors and VA stakeholders for new integrations. You will also be responsible for providing expert advice to your customers and your team for the integration of a mobile application into an already complex technical landscape, and assisting in making trade-offs between platforms, features, and approaches.
- Current expertise delivering high-profile mobile applications
- Expertise with iOS and Android platform specifics, including coding, user interface concerns, as well as app distribution and lifecycle
- Comfort writing native code on one or both platforms (Swift/Java/Kotlin)
- Comfort working with React Native
- Knowledge of various mobile frameworks, ability to guide technical decision-making.
- Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.