MetaCommunications, Inc. is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) to provide software engineering leadership and support using cutting edge technologies to support growing client needs. Join a team of developers to build scalable, full stack Cloud–based offerings. Keep up–to–date with technical trends in the industry and evangelize the adoption of new technologies in solution architectures. Maintain responsibility for personal and team goals, give adequate direction to junior developers, and perform peer code reviews. Work extensively with business analysts and UX engineers to deliver world class solutions for clients.
Our Technology Stack:
- React / Redux.
- JSON Schema / JSON Rules Engine / JSON Schema Forms.
- ES 6 Decorators, Async/ Await.
- Material UI, Bootstrap, Foundation, Styled Components.
Docker / Kubernetes / Kafka / Elasticsearch.
Individuals who succeed in this position are exceptional at sharing information, enthusiastic, learn quickly and seek opportunities for developing themselves and the team around them. We're looking for someone who isn't scared of the unknown and likes pushing the envelope. No day will look the same, but you will always be expected to rise to the occasion and overcome challenges.
Join our team and you will:
- Work with a high-performing team to deliver solutions for some of the world’s top brands
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance
- Grow in your knowledge of business processes as you see how some of the world’s top brands operate their creative and marketing teams
Need to have:
- 2+ years of experience with software development
- 1+ years of experience with React.js and Redux
- Experience with Agile development methods, including TDD, CI, or automated testing
- Git, Gitflow, d Experience using a version control system, such as git, mercurial, perforce
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with CSS pre–processor, including LESS or SASS
- Experience with server-side technologies-Node.js, .Net Core
- Experience with issue tracking and change control tools, Team Services, YouTrack, or Jira
- Experience with building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with relational database systems, including PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Experience with technical document writing
- Knowledge of IaaS Cloud hosting solutions, including AWS or Azure
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Experience with relational databases and T-SQL
- Experience working with a team of developers on software application
We're a fun team. We build awesome products, solve hard problems and keep a good life balance. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths. In our company, people treat each other with respect and compassion, and together cultivate a culture of teamwork, learning, accountability, and fun. There’s a commitment to understanding the whole person, helping to create a shared, unquestioning environment.
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Generous PTO, including both maternal and paternal paid time off
- Optimal workspace in the heart of downtown Iowa City
- $20/month local gym membership within walking distance
- Flexible work environment
Why work at Meta? We LOVE...
- Ability to work directly with our customers, many of whom are Fortune 500 companies.
- Opportunity to see the software through the customer lens.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to identify solutions to problems.
- We challenge each other to be better.
- Continuous learners.
- A great mix of cultures and backgrounds.
- We hang out outside of work hours.
- Talented colleagues who want to solve customer issues using an innovative technology.
- People and talent-oriented leadership.
- Exciting technology.
- Environment allows you to quickly learn how software is developed, deployed and maintained.
- Fast-paced environment with new challenges at every turn.
- Opportunities to learn and grow into new roles.
- Dramatically improve the work experience for our customers.
- Located in the heart of beautiful downtown Iowa City, only steps from the best eateries.
- Great view of the Ped Mall.
- Natural light everywhere!
- Farmer’s Market Wednesday.
- Inside bike racks
- Free downtown parking
MetaCommunications develops workflow and collaborative productivity solutions that help marketing, creative design, packaging teams and enables workgroups around the world be more productive.
Our mission is to bring to market new innovative brands, products and approaches to help marketing teams improve creativity, performance and output that delivers dramatic growth and created value for their organization. Our vision is to be a global leader in innovative management solutions that allow people to collaborate, communicate and deliver anytime, anywhere, with speed and simplicity.
Meta’s team members are collaborative, driven, hungry, fearless problem solvers, flexible and uniquely talented. We find new ways to continually improve our products and services with convenience, security, and reliability for the customer as our key goals. Our culture is people-oriented, with continuous learning is at its core. Our main office is located in downtown Iowa City, IA.
As a customer-obsessed organization focused on creating win-win relationships, there are many exciting reasons to join the Meta team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven and support flexible schedules when needed.
MetaCommunications has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter orientation. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.