As a Frontend Developer within our creative tools team Kino
, you will build our creative tools for our customers that depend on our image and video templates as part of automating and scaling their advertising. These tools enable our users to generate images and videos on a large scale, which is a flagship feature of our product and making Kino to be at the core of Smartly’s product offering.
We mostly work with technologies such as: React, Redux, TypeScript, Node.js, PostgreSQL and Redis.
We are focusing right now on building the next version of our image template solution, which will make it more similar to our video template solution. We are also always building improvements to our editors based on the feedback from our users. Our templating solutions are in heavy use: during peak times, we've rendered 16 billion (16 000 000 000) images on hundreds of servers monthly.
Read more about team Kino's work in our blog:
As a Frontend Developer in Kino you will:
- Design, build and operate a modern web platform for the most advanced performance marketers and designers.
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code.
- Design, build and operate scalable micro services running on Kubernetes.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including working with product and UX/UI design to create great user experiences.
What we're looking for:
- Excellent skills and understanding of React/Redux
- Professional experience with TypeScript
- Team player mentality and genuine interest to support and mentor junior team members
- Motivation for solving customers’ problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace.
What we offer you:
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there, like Uber, eBay, Zalando.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): self-learning materials & activities, quarterly team activity days, monthly company activity days and sorts & activity groups
What to expect from our recruitment process:
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
5. Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Who we are
Smartly.io is building a platform to automate every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 17 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and Zalando.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating world-class software. As a Smartlie engineer, you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to the company culture and smart colleagues. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook