Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for an experienced, versatile mobile applications developer with product thinking and customer focus who is eager to bring our novel Twilio Messaging Mobile Apps to the market. You will be responsible for designing and building React Native applications, as well as collaborating with the teams responsible for SDK and API layers of the Messaging infrastructure.
We would like to welcome in our team an experienced software engineer who lives our Twilio Magic. You are the right person for this role if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience required.
- Have 2+ years of building mobile applications for iOS and/or Android and overall 4+ years of software development experience.
- Design and architect for scalability and performance with software testability in mind.
- Build mobile applications using React Native, cross-platform and native modules and frameworks.
- Have passion about full-stack development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new frameworks and technologies.
- Participate in product design and definition, bring your own ideas to the table, and are intellectually honest about the best ones.
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with other teams and customers to demonstrate and troubleshoot your products.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As an Senior Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to product development from an end-user applications perspective: you will be designing and developing beautiful and consistent mobile applications for millions of users around the world.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by improving testability and extending functional, security and performance test suites in a continuous delivery environment.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document the requirements, decisions and designs to ensure high quality deliverables.
- BE AN OWNER & WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work directly with globally-distributed engineering teams and with members of the product organisation to distill customer requirements into architecture, design, and development.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train, mentor and collaborate with team members to ensure our teams maintain high standards.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Travel to Tallinn (Estonia) office a couple of times per quarter, as nothing can replace team face-to-face interactions.
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications, and for over a decade Twilio is known worldwide as a provider of backend communications API. However, this position is not quite about that. The Messaging Mobile Apps is the team that is trying to go beyond the backend, reaching end-users with Twilio products wrapped into exemplary UX and solving real life problems by using mobile applications. That means that the engineering team is heavily involved in defining the product, piloting very closely with selected customers and adapting to changing requirements promptly. The Mobile Apps team is not following, but defining how Messaging Products should look and feel like in the end-user applications.
This position will be in our beautiful office located at 7 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: ergonomic workspaces, a wellness room, massages, monthly team breakfast and dinner, catered lunches twice a week, snacks, fresh fruit, regular team and office events and activities, monthly global All Hands, happy hours and much more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.