Appnovation is a global full-service digital consultancy. We help businesses advance and inspire, create positive transformation, and champion digital innovation. At Appnovation, we seamlessly integrate strategy, user experience, development, deployment, training and support. Appnovation. Inspiring Possibility. Learn more at appnovation.com.
As a Front End Developer at Appnovation, you will be responsible for the production, modification, and maintenance of website and web application user interfaces. You will work closely with designers, developers and clients to turn static designs into interactive and engaging experiences. You will do this by being a part of a cross functioning team that works in an agile development workflow.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO
- Translate designs to code using Atomic design principles
- Contribute ideas to process refinements within the team
- Lead effective interpretations of client’s needs and work with designers to develop forward-thinking solutions
- Learn usability best practices such as navigational structures to create a powerful and integrated experience
- Commit to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of front end development experience - you can develop across multiple platforms.
- Experience working with a JS framework like Angular, React or Vue.js.
- Experience writing web applications using React Hooks and PropTypes.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility and why it's important, as well as basic SEO.
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge, responsive design, flexbox, CSS-grid, SCSS.
- Familiarity with CSS naming convention like BEM, SMACSS, CSS Modules, CSS-in-JSS and Scoped CSS as well as pre and post processors.
- Knowledge of client-side state management and routing.
- Ability to comfortably build user interfaces from scratch with no frameworks or boilerplates.
- Experience with Git and Pull Request workflow.
- Experience working as a team and supporting junior teammates.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with data dashboards, PWA, Service Workers, Webpack and perf optimization.
- Experience with PHP based CMSs (Drupal, WP).
- Experience with headless architecture.
- Experience with GraphQL Fragments.
- Experience with Static site generators.
- Understanding of API-driven CMSs, and Content Modeling/Architecture.
- Good communication skills, both internal and client-facing.
- A deep understanding of typography, illustration, storyboarding and iconography.
- Experience with CSS animations.
- Experience writing testable code.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.