About Rapid Robotics
Rapid’s mission is to provide manufacturers a robotic solution that can be deployed against simple tasks in hours rather than weeks, and at a fraction of the cost of other automation solutions that require extensive manual programming. Our product is a fully integrated robotic arm work cell that is trained to perform tasks out of the box, and learns new tasks via our cloud infrastructure, AI, and Computer Vision.
Rapid’s software provides our customers with an intuitive interface that gives them the tools to deploy and redeploy Rapid’s automated work cells on their manufacturing lines without having to be a robotics expert. To enable accessible and simple user-facing controls requires an extensive and specialized technology stack. Rapid’s platform is powered by AI and Computer Vision that drastically reduces the complexity, cost, and time typically required to set up a robotic arm. In short, we are automating the process for deploying manufacturing automation.
Rapid’s solution is already deployed with customers, and is proven to deliver increased profits and decreased costs, making our solution indispensable for the future of manufacturing.
The Sr. Frontend Software Engineer will be responsible for leading the architecture and development of the UI components for the entire Rapid Robotics Cloud and Edge Platform using web, mobile and native technologies. Experience building data visualization and 3D world simulations (3D/game engines) is a plus. Candidates should have an eye for detail and appreciation for building the highest quality user experience. We are a small, agile team that needs quick and effective development of our core technologies.
In this role, you will build complex user interfaces from the ground up using the latest frontend technologies, translate business requirements into technical requirements and develop new user-facing features. You will interact with a diverse team of Designers, Distributed Systems Engineers, Roboticists, Computer Vision Experts and Mechanical Engineers. You will communicate and present your work in a clear and simple manner and translate design mockups into high quality code. Ideally, you provide guidance and leadership in defining our frontend technologies and strategy. You like to collaborate, ask questions and mentor as the team expands. The ideal candidate is a problem solver that loves to innovate with a passion for simplicity and technical excellence.
- Good understanding of asynchronous control flow, with notions of concurrency and memory management
- Proven track record with creating front end web development solutions for large scale data sets
- Experience running large scale systems: instrumenting, monitoring, debugging, performance analysis and optimization
- Extensive experience with React as front end framework and building custom UI components
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Parcel, NPM, Sass, Less
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as Mocha, Jest, Chai
- Successful collaborations with UX designers
- Experience with GIT and code review process
- Confidence being hands-on from initial wireframes, through prototyping, into building the final product
Nice to Have
- Leading and/or major contributions to open source projects
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working on mobile and native UI technologies
- Experience with statically typed languages such as TypeScript, Elixir, ScalaJS, KotlinJS
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3
- Experience with WebGL, WebAssembly and Unity or other 3D/game engines is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
At Rapid Robotics our fantastic team is what makes us special. We are proudly committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, inclusion and connectedness that celebrates our differences in identity, experience, and point of view. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and empowers everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Rapid Robotics is an an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex, age, educational background, national origin, citizenship, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, lifestyle, veteran status, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.