WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem (formerly Citrusbyte) is a remote-first, fully distributed, technology consulting company.
Our customers, F1000's and startups alike, come to us because they need to change how something is done in order to succeed and they're looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution all under one roof.
Our services range from new product development, pure R&D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, to organizational transformation and cultural design.
We are accepting applications and interviewing for future openings. We do not plan to extend any offers for this position within the next 90 days.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As Frontend Engineer you will work on a small team with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope design and implement features. You will provide input on app architecture. You will code, create, and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients in an agile environment.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a great communicator and are active in your development community. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
While we have team members all over the world, our current project needs require team members who are physically located between UTC -3 and UTC -8.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Write clean, efficient, high quality code to build web applications
- Provide input on app architecture
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work on a cross functional collaborative team
- Collaborate in a consultative environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional development experience
- 2 + years of development experience using React in production environments
- Experience with a variety of frontend frameworks & libraries, devops, and programming languages including but not limited to Redux, Thunk/Saga, Immutable, Docker, AWS, Glamorous, VueJS, Ruby, etc.
- Previous experience collaborating in a quality focused environment where testing and reviewing is a part of the everyday process
- Strong experience with semantic HTML and familiarity with web accessibility best practices
- Familiar with various approaches to styling - from plain CSS to CSS-in-JS, and methodologies for organizing CSS
- You are familiar and are comfortable using design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, Principle, Framer or similar
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is a must
- Previous experience working remotely is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -8
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US based full time employees; we have comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, plus we have a 401k plan.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer.No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.