Think of Carewell as Chewy.com
for caregivers. Our values are rooted in service, convenience, dependability, and trust, with some fun thrown in for good measure. Woman-founded and family-run, our mission is to improve the health and happiness of caregivers and their families through personalized service and compelling content.
We make it simple for consumers to find vetted products that will help them provide better care to loved ones who are aging, disabled, immunocompromised, or living with chronic conditions. With our enormous selection of products, low prices, and extremely high-touch service, Carewell helps caregivers find everything they need on one site while placing family squarely at the heart of everything we do.
Making people feel better is what gets us out of bed in the morning. How about you?
Carewell is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Frontend Software Engineer to join our team in NYC. You will be a part of a critical team that helps makes Carewell the best caregiving platform in the world. We value hard work, an orientation for speed and a passion for developing best-in-class user experiences.
You will work closely across various teams including product, growth, operations, customer service, marketing, and of course, technology.
- Collaborate with tech and product to implement and build a new kind of e-commerce and wedding planning experience
- Manage and contribute code to large scale projects from inception to completion
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Identify and remedy performance bottlenecks
- Communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Understand tradeoffs between design and performance
- Minimum 4+ years of user facing frontend experience
- Experience with React or Angular and a willingness to learn both
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and the ability to debug issues
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- We are open to including new technologies where and when they make sense and always strive to push the limits of the e-commerce.
As part of the Carewell Family, you'll enjoy:
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monthly massages
- Employee discounts
- Hang out with our office pup, Henry