What will you be doing?
As a Front End Software Engineer at Replate, you will be responsible for the implementation of new features and improvements to the Replate website and web app. This encompasses sign up, the donor dashboard, the recipient dashboard, and internal tooling for the Operations Team. This is an opportunity to be a core part of the technological course of a mission-driven organization and immediately see the positive impact your projects have on your community and the world. Replate has created over 2 million meals to date. In this position, you will be a part of our plan to serve 16 million meals to 100,000 people in the next 4 years!
What will your responsibilities be?
- You will design and implement solutions to improve the look and feel of the Replate site.
- Implement novel UI to improve the efficiency of the Operations Team.
- You will write tests for your code before approval.
- You will meet deadlines and the project schedule laid out in collaboration with the product manager.
- You will communicate obstacles and challenges with the product manager and lead software engineer to find solutions to problems as soon as possible.
- You spend the time to understand the stakeholders’ challenges for whom you are creating solutions.
What skills do you need?
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or other related fields.
- At least 1 year of experience as a front end engineer.
- Experience building consumer web applications or B2B services.
- Experience with a JS library/framework.
- You are emotionally intelligent and understand the impact your actions have on others.
- Intellectual curiosity, growth mindset, and a desire to influence the products being built.
- You are open to feedback both positive and constructive.
- You care about food waste and food insecurity, and strive to make a difference in your community.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with React.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or experience with other web frameworks.
- Strong Object Oriented design skills and an understanding of design patterns.