Lead Front End Engineer
Contour is looking for motivated and highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve its hugely ambitious goal. Contour prides itself on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment: a healthy mix of change, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, ecosystem collaboration and of course, fun.
Contour hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in an open, collaborative team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Contour is fast-paced and team-oriented with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality work in every field to ensure our own and our member's success as we reshape the industry.
Context of the role:
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, the Lead Front End Engineer will be responsible for providing technical guidance and overseeing delivery for the front end development team. This role will also see you overlooking all stages of development and delivery, by establishing standards and conventions to ensure the application code adheres to quality engineering principles, practices and design patterns. You will have strong experience working in an agile environment where software engineers, testers, product managers and DevOps work closely together.
- Manage & oversee front end delivery teams
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship via peer reviews and training
- Optimize delivery processes with a proven focus on continuous improvements
- Contribute towards application development
- Ensure application code and process quality standards across the development team
- Create and maintain product and engineering documentation
- Work with the product owners and development team to refine requirements and high-level estimation
- Provide high-level estimations and sizing for upcoming work
- Delegate tasks amongst the team in line with their corresponding skills
- Establish best practices and technical standards amongst the engineering team
- Set and achieve success metrics for the engineering team
- 3+ years experience in an enterprise-level environment leading a team
- Experience with test-related libraries (i.e. mocha, chai, Istanbul)
- Know how to setup build and test pipeline with CI tools (i.e. Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipeline, Github Actions, Gitlab)
- Understanding how to publish and manage artifacts with a remote repository (i.e. Artifactory, Nexus, etc)
- Knowledge of web servers, application servers & container technology.
- Understand how modern web applications work with a RESTful style API’s, as well as message queues.
- Understand how to setup, deploy, run and monitor software applications.
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator & leader with ability to work autonomously
Why Join Us?
- Experience fresh, exciting daily challenges as we reshape the industry
- Work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and high calibre team
- Enjoy opportunities to take on a broad range of roles as the company grows
- Experience freedom in how you achieve your goals and your working practices
- Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders