Expa is a startup studio led by the founders of Uber, StumbleUpon, Foursquare, AddThis, and Metrolyrics. After 10 years designing and building consumer services, the Expa team has identified many techniques that help create successful companies. With $150 million funding to date, the team founds new companies based on internal ideas, and occasionally collaborates with founders of early-stage companies whose missions Expa believes in. We help companies avoid common pitfalls in early-stage ventures, and actively remove roadblocks along the way, specializing in product strategy, system design, and user experience.
Expa has a strong presence in San Francisco and New York City, and has recently expanded operations to Vancouver, Canada. We are actively looking to hire the best talent to be a part of our growing team.
You can read more about Expa on our site. The project you would be involved in is under stealth and more information will be provided at the time of interview.
We are looking for experienced software engineers, with strong backend experience in Cloud based environments excited for the challenge of working with a small team of front-end engineers. The position requires excellent problem solving and engineering skills when working with systems at scale. We are seeking individuals that are motivated to build cutting edge backends for products and manage the underlying infrastructure and deployment processes. The perfect candidate will be comfortable working closely with front-end engineers and can communicate effectively within a small team.
- Build scalable, secure, effective and well documented mobile systems with the team
- Collaborate with backend engineers to ensure on-time and performant solutions
- Assess and build test frameworks, as well as track metrics and performance over time
- Ensure that code written is to a high standard, with excellent reusability
- Help develop a service orientated architecture for cutting edge products
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong development skills with mobile platforms (Swift, react native, etc..)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and well documented code
- Strong understanding of front-end development and integration of services and APIs for front-end developers
- A competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Full medical and dental benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Custom workstation designed to your needs
- A beautiful office in downtown Vancouver and a talented team